WARC Media Awards 2017 - Best Use of Data Shortlist announced
As well as one global campaign, shortlisted entries have run in a wide range of markets - Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, The Netherlands, The Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States - and include brands such as MyTaxi, Rexona Men and Vodafone.
Nicole Kane, Director, Global Media, McDonald's Corporation and jury chair, said: "The entries this year demonstrated a democratisation of how data is being used; confirming that we are now marketing in a world driven by data. The shortlisted papers range from practical applications that are simple and smart to creative, innovative usages of real-time data. Regardless of how you are using data today, this collection will inspire new thinking."
The shortlisted entries in Best Use of Data are:
- The video recommendations and personalisation engine - Krispy - Hindustan Unilever - Mindshare - India
- My McDonald's - McDonald's - OMD Spain - Spain
- Restaurant-capacity based advertising - McDonald's - OMD Singapore - Singapore
- Xaxis, Global Giving & the Girl Fund - GlobalGiving - Xaxis EMEA - Global
- Irse de Madre - DKV Insurance - OMD - Spain
- The Art + Science of Rewarding a Client's Courage - Benchmade Knives - Cole & Weber - United States
- Don't Ignore a Cough - Prospan - Flordis - Affinity - Australia
- Location Targeting - McDonald's - OMD South Africa - South Africa
- OLX Vogon - OLX - Havas Media - Indonesia
- Nayi Soch - Strategy for Growth - Star Plus - Star India - Mindshare - India
- Tropa for Life - du - Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company - Starcom Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Roam Like a Pro - Vodafone - VodafoneZiggo - Kinetic Worldwide, MEC - Netherlands
- Data-Driven Targeting - Age UK - Manning Gottlieb OMD - United Kingdom
- Going Live with Gold! - Royal Mint Bullion - Royal Mint - Manning Gottlieb OMD - United Kingdom
- IMM's Patent Pending Solution for Incrementality - Noodles & Company - IMM - United States
- Resolving a Social Stench - Rexona Men - Unilever - PHD Hong Kong - Hong Kong
- Connecting the Dots - All Things Hair - Unilever - Mindshare, Ogilvyone - Philippines
- Everything but Rogue with Data - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - The Walt Disney Company - OMD UK, OMD - - - EMEA - United Kingdom
- Helping London Move More Freely - MyTaxi - Kinetic UK, the7Stars - United Kingdom
- Uncovering the true value of Facebook for performance marketing - O2 - Telefonica - Visual IQ, Forward Media - United Kingdom
As well as the Best Use of Data category, the shortlists for Effective Channel Integration and Effective use of tech have already been announced and can be viewed at www.warc.com/mediaawards.prize. The Effective Partnerships and Sponsorships shortlist will be revealed on Wednesday 6 December.
For more information about the WARC Media Awards please visit www.warc.com/mediaawards.prize.
- your global authority on advertising and media effectiveness
warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence and insights from the world's leading brands. WARC helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness. WARC's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, universities and advertisers.
WARC hosts four global and two regional case study competitions: WARC Awards, WARC Innovation Awards, WARC Media Awards, The Admap prize, WARC Prize for Asian Strategy and WARC Prize for MENA Strategy.
WARC also publishes leading journals including Admap, Market Leader, the Journal of Advertising Research and the International Journal of Market Research. In addition to its own content, WARC features advertising case studies and best practices from more than 50 respected industry sources, including: ARF, Effies, Cannes Lions, ESOMAR and IPA.
Founded in 1985, WARC is privately owned and has offices in the UK, U.S. and Singapore.
Amanda Benfell PR Manager +44 20 7467 8125 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2017 ACN Newswire . All rights reserved.