Toyota Launches the New C-HR. The C-HR is also scheduled to be used as a management vehicle at the 93rd Tokyo-Hakone collegiate ekiden (relay marathon) championship on January 2 and 3, 2017.
In May 2016, with Toyota GAZOO racing's concept of developing people and improving products which contributes to the overarching goal of making ever-better cars, the C-HR had participated in, and completed the 44th 24 Hours of Nurburgring endurance race which was held in Germany.
More customers are placing greater emphasis on the interior and exterior styling of vehicles within the compact SUV market segment, where the C-HR is being classified under. In line with this, the C-HR was developed with a complete focus on design as well. The exterior design, in particular, reflects the thoughts of the designer. With the "Sensual Speed-Cross"*5 concept, the design of the C-HR features a diamond architectural theme, and the modulated structure of the cabin gives it an exciting feel. The three-dimensional structure created by the contrast between the strongly tapered body based on the diamond architectural theme, together with the pronounced flaring of the wheel arches gives the new crossover a distinctive outline with an extremely powerful stance.
(From Left to Right) Conceptual Sketch, Initial Model, Actual Product
The hybrid version boasts 30.2km/L(6) fuel efficiency, which is among the highest(7) within the compact crossover SUV class. The hybrid version targets the achievement of "FY2020 fuel efficiency standards +20%". On the other hand, the 1.2L turbo engine version (regular gasoline specification) achieved a fuel efficiency rating of 15.4km/L(6). This latter version has also achieved "FY2015 fuel efficiency standards +5%".
Both the hybrid and 1.2L turbo engine versions have been certified with exhaust emission levels that are 75% lower than the 2005 Exhaust Emissions Standards, where they are both subject to tax breaks for environmentally-friendly vehicles.
Main Features of the New C-HR
- Responsive driving performance achieved with the addition of performance- enhancing features to high level basic performance which is made possible with TNGA - Distinctive styling that boldly fuses lightness with power is achieved through Toyota's unique and emotional Keen Look(8) and Under Priority(9) design expressions - The interior features eye-catching details in terms of its texture, shape, and color which produces an unprecedented advanced feel. The control panel, with various meters situated in the center, is positioned facing the driver, with all items laid out along a continuous line, allowing all driving operations to be carried out smoothly. - The hybrid version pursues high efficiency, a compact size and being light weight, which realizes the highest level of 30.2km/L fuel efficiency. - Toyota Safety Sense P, a collision avoidance assist package, is offered as a standard in all grades.Main Standard Equipment
All Grades: Collision avoidance assist package "Toyota Safety Sense P", electric parking brake, three-spoke leather steering wheel, Smart Entry & Smart Start system, etc. "G", "G-T": 18-inch aluminum wheels, LED front fog lamps, Blind Spot Monitor, Front & Rear Parking Assist Sonar, seat surface (high quality fabric + leather), etc.(1) C-HR: Name derived from Compact High Rider and Cross Hatch Run-about
(2) Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA): Toyota's company-wide global program to structurally transform automobile design. The goal of TNGA is to dramatically improve the basic performance and marketability of Toyota vehicles by reforming and considering the overall optimization of developing new powertrain components and vehicle platforms.
(3) Sales launch in December 2015
(4) "Response": The vehicle responds instantly to the driver's operation.
"Linearity": The vehicle responds precisely according to the magnitude of the driver's operation.
"Consistency": The vehicle responds consistently on any road surface condition and at any lateral acceleration (force to push the vehicle outward on curves) and vehicle speed.
(5) "Sensual": Eye-catching details
"Speed": Modulated, slim, and sleek cabin and body
"Cross": Powerful suspension of SUV
(6) JC08 mode fuel efficiency. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism evaluation value.
(7) Compact SUV class. As of December, 2016, according to Toyota Motor Corporation.
(8) Toyota's unique front expression imparts an impression of intelligence and clarity, based on a combination of the dynamic Under Priority and an emphasis on the three-dimensional Toyota mark.
(9) Toyota's unique front design that emphasizes the lower grille and improves aerodynamic performance, cooling, and pedestrian protection safety.
Supported by people around the world, Toyota Motor Corporation (TSE: 7203; NYSE: TM), has endeavored since its establishment in 1937 to serve society by creating better products. As of the end of December 2013, Toyota conducts its business worldwide with 52 overseas manufacturing companies in 27 countries and regions. Toyota's vehicles are sold in more than 170 countries and regions. For more information, please visit www.toyota-global.com.
Toyota Motor Corporation Public Affairs Division Global Communications Department Tel: +81-3-3817-9926
Copyright 2016 JCN Newswire . All rights reserved.