OSRAM Licht AG: Release according to Article 40 Section 1 Sentence 1 and Article 43 Section 2 of the WpHG [the German Securities Trading Act] with the objective of Europe-wide distribution
Munich, 9 July 2019
Notification pursuant to Sections 40 (1) sentence 1 and 43 (2) of the German Securities Trading Act (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz, WpHG)
Notification obligation for holders of significant equity interests
With the notification of voting rights on June 17, 2019, we were informed that Allianz Global Investors GmbH had exceeded threshold of 10% of voting rights from shares. With reference to the crossing of this threshold, Allianz Global Investors GmbH notified us on July 5, 2019 of the objectives pursued by the acquisition of voting rights in accordance with Section 43 paragraph 1 sentences 1 and 3 of the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG):
1. Allianz Global Investors GmbH has no direct voting rights in OSRAM Licht AG. All voting rights are fully attributed through the funds managed by Allianz Global Investors GmbH (the 'Funds') which in turn hold the voting rights.
2. The participation of the Funds in the OSRAM Licht AG serves to achieve trading profits.
3. Allianz Global Investors GmbH intends, depending on the stock market price and the general economic situation of OSRAM Licht AG, to acquire additional voting rights by acquisition or otherwise for one or more Funds within the next twelve months.
4. Allianz Global Investors GmbH aims to exert influence on the composition of administrative, management and supervisory bodies of OSRAM Licht AG by expressing its opinion, deliberations and recommendations. Neither is intended a direct participation in the relevant bodies or in the active management of OSRAM Licht AG (also not through affiliated third parties), nor is it intended to obtain a legal or de facto authority to issue instructions.
5. Allianz Global Investors GmbH is currently not seeking to significantly change the capital structure of OSRAM Licht AG, in particular with regard to the ratio of equity and debt financing and the dividend policy.
In addition, Allianz Global Investors GmbH notified us in accordance with Section 43 paragraph 1 sentences 1 and 4 of the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG) of the origin of the funds used to acquire the voting rights as follows:
The voting rights were acquired through the funds managed by Allianz Global Investors GmbH. As a result, Allianz Global Investors GmbH has neither raised equity nor debt for the acquisition of voting rights.
Munich, July 9, 2019
OSRAM Licht AG
09.07.2019 The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases. Archive at www.dgap.deLanguage: English Company: OSRAM Licht AG Marcel-Breuer-Straße 6 80807 München
Germany Internet: www.osram-group.com End of News DGAP News Service