- The new campaign brings alive the brand promise of Consumer Experience and discoveries
- Announces enhanced facilities - Zero booking fee on flights and Free cancellation on 220,000 hotels globally
The second advertisement opens with a college re-union party at a resort where everyone is dancing and enjoying. However, one of the members who is shy of dancing, is standing in a corner. His friends notice this and signal him to join, feeling reluctant, he indicates that he is fine. But the women prompt him more and pull him in. At first, his friends help him with the moves, and slowly he gains confidence and picks up the dance, and starts enjoying.
Speaking about the campaign Mr. Manmeet Ahluwalia, Marketing Head, Expedia in India said, “The brief given to the agency was to showcase and address trepidation, hesitancy, and state of inertia that keeps consumers away from trying something new in life and the associated surprise, joy and contentment of that new experience.
Our aim with this campaign is to encourage new users to visit and experience Expedia and generate awareness amongst the consumers about our Zero Booking fee on flights and Free cancellation on hotels, in order to help the consumers save money and ensure a pleasant experience while managing their travel.
At Expedia, with global footprint in 33 countries across the world, we understand our consumers travel needs and they can access a wide range of choices across Hotels in 30,000 cities across 200 countries and territories with options like Pay later @hotel. Expedia is offering amazing deals that seem too good to be true where-in the consumers may get one night’s stay at hotel for free, when booking flight & hotel together- hence christened as ‘Unreal Deals’. Travelers also have the option of booking from 25K+ holiday activities online for international destinations. We feel we are in the unique position to provide our customers with innovative solutions, with our worldwide network and reach.”
Titus Upputuru, Creative Head, Taproot Dentsu, Gurgaon says, “Unless we try something, we will never know. This is the key insight we developed into a campaign where the protagonists try out things that they’ve never tried before. As a result, they end up discovering experiences that they thoroughly enjoy! Not only that, once ‘bitten’ by the experience, the protagonists don’t want to stop. We hope new consumers try Expedia.co.in and find to their delight and surprise, exciting experiences!”
Details of the creative team at Taproot Dentsu:
- Creative Head: Titus Upputuru
- Creative Team: Titus Upputuru, Vishal Mittal, Vishnudas Kunchu, Utsav Chaudhary
- Account Management: Sunita Prakash, Payal Dhawan
- Planning Head: Farah Bashir
- Films: Dawa Lama
- Director (of the film): Hemant Bhandari
- Production House: Chrome Pictures
Notes to Editor:
- World’s largest full service online travel agency
- Zero booking fee on flights
- Hotels in 30,000 cities across 200 countries and territories
- Free cancellation on 220,000 hotels
- Pay Later @ hotel, option available on over 300,000 hotels
- Unreal Package Deals – Get a night’s stay free
- +VIP Access Hotels - Free room upgrades in over 4200 properties globally
- 40+ million traveler verified post stay reviews
- 25,000 holiday activities bookable online for anywhere in the world
About Expedia India
Expedia is world’s largest full service online travel agency with localized sites in 33 countries. Expedia is a one-stop solution for all travel needs, with a comprehensive and distinctive suite of travel solutions covering over 200 countries with 25000+ holiday activities, 500+ airlines, 500,000 properties and 40M+ post-stay reviews and 30M+ real-time reviews . Expedia in India helps consumers book flights, hotels, flight + hotel, car rentals and tourist attractions, all supported by a call centre in India and the loyalty program, Expedia+ allows consumers amenities like room upgrade, spa discounts, breakfast, Wi-Fi and more. For more information, visit- or download App.