Brookfield Properties celebrated this World Environment Day by hosting 'Sustainability Talks,' a special campaign on creating a green built environment and workspaces. The dialogue brought forth several initiatives and ideas on sustainable practices adopted by Brookfield Properties and its corporate occupiers at Candor TechSpace. Some of the best practices shared included:
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc’s. upgrade of its lighting systems to LED, across more than 320,000 square feet, saving over 38% (178,000 kWh) in energy.
- RBS has set ambitious new goals to continue its decarbonisation, aiming to be climate positive by 2025 for its own operations through a combination of emissions reductions and carbon offsetting. RBS India office has completely replaced single use plastic from its office, with biodegradable options.
- Sopra Steria, an occupier of Candor TechSpace, has replaced 90% of diesel cars used for employee commuting with CNG cabs, which resulted in a significant reduction of GHG emissions.
- Similarly, Fidelity Investment Limited has managed to save 1181 tonnes of carbon footprint and 1003 trees.
- SE2 occupier of Candor TechSpace Sec48, Gurugram, has taken initiatives to reduce water consumption by installing aerators in washrooms and hand washing areas and introducing electric vehicle transport.
- Wipro Ltd. has partnered with non-profit organisation like Uthaan for plantation of hundreds of trees.
- Candor TechSpace has converted its conventional watering systems and green belts into drip irrigation, resulting in a 50% reduction in water usage for horticultural purposes. Along with Sewerage Treatment Plant to reuse and recycle water, 3,780-kiloliters of water per day is saved. With 1.19 MWp of installed capacity, the company is also one of the largest amongst IT ITS SEZ when it comes to rooftop solar power.
Mr. Sameer Saxena, VP & Head, Real Estate, Marsh and Mclennan Companies Inc. and Ms. Deepti Agarwal, VP location and property strategy lead India & Property Projects Lead, North India RBS, Mr. Vasudevan Suresh, Chairman Indian Green Building Council, Mr. Manit Rastogi, Founding Partner, Morphogenesis and Mr. Shantanu Chakraborty, Senior VP & Regional Head, India office, Brookfield Properties, participated in the Sustainability Talks.
The panel discussed several existing challenges faced by traditional workspaces and emphasised the importance of reshaping conventional office architecture with passive and constructive infrastructural designs that fit the current digital needs of new-age professionals.
Commenting on the same, Brookfield Properties spokesperson said, "The environmental, social and governance management, known as ESG management, is core to how we conduct our business across the globe. In sync with this vision, we constantly strive to improve our operations and buildings performance on energy, water and waste to reduce our carbon footprint. We take extra care in ensuring clean indoor and on campus air, to improve productivity."
Brookfield Properties has achieved many accolades for its green initiatives, including platinum rating from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for two of its Candor Techspace properties.
About Brookfield Properties
Brookfield Properties is a fully-integrated, global real estate services company that provides industry-leading portfolio management and development capabilities across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management — a global alternative asset manager with over $540 billion in assets under management. Brookfield Properties develops and manages premier real estate with a focus on enhancing the tenant experience and the asset's investment and operational performance. The company focus on integrating leading-edge real estate technologies, which enables them to be at the forefront of innovation and sustainability – benefiting not only their tenants, residents and business partners but also the communities in which they operate. For more information about their approach to operating and developing best-in-class real estate, please visit brookfieldproperties.com
About Candor TechSpace
Candor TechSpace (www.candortechspace.com) is managed by Brookfield properties
(www.brookfieldproperties.com) and is the most promising brand in India, offering IT/ITES workspace solutions. Candor TechSpace has been incepted under the aegis of Brookfield properties - a fully integrated, global real estate services company, providing industry-leading development and portfolio management for Brookfield Asset Management's real estate investments. Managing a portfolio of iconic properties located in the most dynamic and resilient markets. It provides state-of-the-art and Built-to-suit office spaces at prime locations across the country, with five assets in its portfolio in Gurgaon, Noida, and Kolkata. Currently occupying a footprint of 13.87 million sqft, the company aims to reach a total potential of 20.7 million sqft. being a strategic partner to the Global organizations. Candor TechSpace is committed to creating workplace solutions keeping people at the Centre. All the campuses are working towards IGBC Platinum LEED certifications for operational buildings, universal accessibility, indoor air quality management systems, shared mobility solutions, thematic landscaping with art installations. Further to add to the workspace experience, all the assets are facilitated with world-class amenities such as day-care facilities, food court, base kitchen to serve the client's cafeteria, concierge desk, convenience shopping, pharmacy, gymnasiums to name a few. The new upcoming towers will reflect "New Design Thinking" in the product innovation and focus on creating a sustainable environment, thus offering hassle-free workspace. Recognized as a distinguished player in the commercial real estate, Candor TechSpace prides in having 100% control over all its assets and providing in-house teams to facilitate seamless end-to-end solutions for leasing, projects and facilities management.