Tele Columbus AG announces preliminary FY2016 results and gives 2017 guidance
Tele Columbus AG announces preliminary FY2016 results and gives 2017 guidance
Berlin, 7 March 2017. Tele Columbus AG (ISIN: DE000TCAG172, WKN: TCAG17), the third largest German cable network operator, published its preliminary Q4 FY2016 and FY2016 results as well as its FY2017 guidance.
- For the fiscal year 2016, revenues amounted to EUR 478.7 million, up 3.9% versus pro forma FY20151 revenues
- The Group reported Normalised EBITDA of EUR 250.3 million, which is an increase of 7.1% compared to pro forma Normalised EBITDA of EUR 233.8 million for FY2015
- Normalised EBITDA margin for FY2016 was 52.3%, an increase of 1.6 ppt versus the pro forma margin of 50.7% achieved in FY2015
- Fourth Quarter 2016: increase of revenues of 3.4% to EUR 124.6 million and of Normalised EBITDA of 10.0% to EUR 71.2 million compared to pro forma Q4 2015
- Capital expenditures (Capex) spent in FY2016 were EUR 153.1 million (32.0% of revenues)
- Reported Homes connected (HC) for year end 2016 were 3.608 million, up 3k from 31 December 2015
- The number of upgraded homes (homes two-way upgraded on own network) reached 63.3% as of 31 December 2016
- The Group added net 58k Internet RGUs in the year and 20k Internet RGUs in the fourth quarter of FY2016 resulting in a total of more than 520k Internet RGUs at year-end
Based on the preliminary FY2016 results, the Management Board of Tele Columbus expects for the fiscal year 2017
- stable Homes Connected of approximately 3.6 million, a
- mid single digit percentage revenue growth versus FY2016, a
- roughly 10% Normalised EBITDA growth year on year and
- Capex as a percentage of revenues to range between 33% and 35%.
Furthermore, the Management Board re-iterates its medium term targets of
- stable Homes Connected of approximately 3.6 million,
- RGUs/subscriber to reach 1.8x,
- total blended ARPU to grow to EUR 18 per month,
- the two-way upgraded homes on own network to trend towards 71%,
- mid to high single digit percentage revenue growth per annum,
- high single digit percentage Normalised EBITDA growth per annum,
- Capex as a percentage of revenues - after another peak year in FY2017 - trending towards peer levels and
- a leverage target of 3.0-4.0x net debt/Normalised EBITDA.
Tele Columbus AG will publish its final results for fiscal year 2016 on 28 March 2017. On that occasion, the Company will schedule a conference call for Capital Markets participants only at 3pm CET (2pm GMT, 9am EST). An official invite for the conference call will follow suit.
Summary table for Q4 2015 / preliminary Q4 2016 and FY2015 / preliminary FY2016:EURm Pro Forma Prelim yoy % Pro Forma Prelim yoy % Q4 Q4 2016 FY20151 FY2016 2015 Revenues 120.4 124.6 3.4 460.7 478.7 3.9 Normalised 64.7 71.2 10.0 233.8 250.3 7.1 EBITDA Norm. EBITDA 53.7 57.1 3.4ppt 50.7 52.3 1.6ppt margin, % Capex 74.2 165.1 153.1 (7.3) Capex / 59.7 35.8 32.0 (3.8ppt) Revenues, % KPIs as per end of period Homes 3,605 3,608 connected ('000) Internet 462 520 12.6 RGUs ('000)
 pro forma results contain the full results of Tele Columbus, primacom and pepcom over the period
This release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements reflect the Company's current knowledge and expectations and projections about future events. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Such risks, uncertainties and assumptions may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In light of these risks and uncertainties, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. Accordingly, investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this document.
This release contains references to certain non-GAAP financial measures, such as Normalized EBITDA and Capex, and operating measures, such as RGUs, ARPU, and Unique Subscribers calculations. These non-GAAP financial and operating measures should not be viewed in isolation as alternatives to measures of the Company's financial condition, results of operations or cash flows as presented in accordance with IFRS. The non-GAAP financial and operating measures used by the Company may differ from, and not be comparable to, similarly titled measures used by other companies.
In addition, this release contains pro forma financials. Our pro forma financials have been prepared for illustrative purposes only. They are based on the assumption that the acquisitions of primacom and pepcom had occurred on 1 January 2015. Because of their nature, our pro forma financials address a hypothetical situation and, therefore, do not represent our actual results of operations. It is not necessarily indicative of the results that should be expected in the future and investors should not put undue reliance on these pro forma financials.
All information contained in this release has been carefully prepared. However, no reliance may be placed for any purposes whatsoever on the information contained in this document or on its completeness. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is given by or on behalf of the Company or any of its directors, officers or employees or any other person as to the accuracy or completeness of the information or opinions contained in this document and no liability whatsoever is accepted by the Company or any of its directors, officers or employees nor any other person for any loss howsoever arising, directly or indirectly, from any use of such information or opinions or otherwise arising in connection therewith. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any information contained in this release, including forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Elmar Baur Senior Director IR & Corporate Communications Tele Columbus AG Phone +49 (30) 3388 1781 firstname.lastname@example.org www.telecolumbus.com
Information and Explanation of the Issuer to this News:
About Tele Columbus
The SDAX listed Tele Columbus Group is Germany's third largest cable network operator. Via its origins - individual regional cable network operators that were merged into Tele Columbus - the company dates back to 1972. Today, about 3.6 million connected households in Germany are served by Tele Columbus, primacom, pepcom, Deutsche Telekabel, Martens und KMS with TV signals and, increasingly, digital broadcast packages, Internet and voice connections provided via high-performance broadband cable. As a national provider with a regional focus and a partner of the housing industry, the Group is present throughout its core markets Berlin, Brandenburg, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia as well as in numerous key regions in western Germany. In tune with current demand trends, the company is upgrading its networks in a hybrid fibre-optic infrastructure for superfast Internet connections of up to several hundred megabits per second with the state-of-the-art Internet transmission standard DOCSIS 3.0. The broadband cable caters to the entire range of innovative media applications from analogous, digital and high-definition TV to high-speed Internet and voice connections to telemetry services, tenant portals and interactive services. Beyond merely transmitting signals, Tele Columbus uses its own product platform in order to actively increase the programme offering and to develop additional services. Via its company HL komm, Tele Columbus also delivers powerful connections and network services to business customers.
07-March-2017 CET/CEST The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases. Archive at www.dgap.deLanguage: English
Company: Tele Columbus AG Goslarer Ufer 39 10589 Berlin
Germany Phone: +49 (0)30 3388 4177 Fax: +49 (0)30 3388 9 1999 E-mail: Hannes.Lindhuber@telecolumbus.de Internet: www.telecolumbus.de ISIN: DE000TCAG172 WKN: TCAG17 Indices: SDAX Listed: Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange End of Announcement DGAP News Service
550891 07-March-2017 CET/CEST