Mitsubishi Motors Lineup at Auto Shanghai 2017. MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV ConceptMITSUBISHI eX ConceptMMC Lineup at Auto Shanghai 2017 TOKYO, Apr 11, 2017 - (JCN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will be exhibiting a number of models at the 17th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition(1) to be held from April 19 through April 28. Main exhibits will be the MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept(2) and the MITSUBISHI eX Concept(3), two concept models shown for the first time in China which showcase the company's next-generation electric-powered vehicle and all-wheel control technologies indicating the direction of Mitsubishi Motors vehicle development.
MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept
MITSUBISHI eX Concept
1. MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept: Overview
The MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept is a next-generation high-end crossover SUV powered by the MMC's own advanced plug-in hybrid EV (PHEV) system with three motors that incorporates all-wheel control technology.
- The front visage with its forceful presence employs MMC's DYNAMIC SHIELD front design concept that portrays an image of the front end's function of protecting both people and the car. From the side, the MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept uses horizontal lines to convey its high-end crossover SUV styling and driving stability. With a muscularity and intensity that gives the impression it has been carved from a single ingot of steel, the body is clothed in refined styling that flourishes sculpted dynamism highlighted with precise detailing.
- Inside, the MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept uses a horizontal dashboard design that creates a spacious ambiance and makes it easier for the driver to sense changes in vehicle attitude.
- The PHEV system comprises a next-generation, high-capacity drive battery package, three high-output and high-efficiency motors and an engine specially designed for the PHEV system and featuring improved electricity generation performance and motive performance. This combination delivers the punchy performance sought in a "ground tourer" and makes for relaxed motoring on longer trips with an electric-only range of 120 km and a combined hybrid cruising range of over 1,200 km.
- The full-time 4WD powertrain, with one motor at the front and two at the rear, and MMC's own Super All-wheel Control (S-AWC) integrated vehicle dynamics control system, raises the bar in terms of handling performance and directional stability.
- The MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept also adopts the latest in connected car technology in extracting its performance and functionality to the full. The technology feeds to the car route information as well as data on weather and road surface conditions acquired from information networks and from on-board sensors and cameras in order to closely manage energy consumption such as electricity consumption and fuel economy as well as to provide all-wheel control best-suited to many motoring situations.
2. MITSUBISHI eX Concept: Overview
The MITSUBISHI eX Concept is a compact SUV concept car powered by a next-generation Twin Motor EV system mated with MMC's all-wheel control technology.
- The exterior fuses coupe styling with shooting brake(4) elegance and uses MMC's DYNAMIC SHIELD front design concept. The form presents an intensity that gives the impression it has been carved from a single ingot of steel in an active and vibrant design.
- Inside, different coloring is used for the driver and front passenger sides of the cockpit to create a unique ambiance in an elegant, bright and roomy interior space that is sporty overall.
- The EV system comprises a next-generation, high-capacity drive battery package with compact, high-output, high-efficiency motors and gives a cruising range of 400 km. The underfloor drive battery package lowers the center of gravity and with the Twin Motor 4WD system (one at the front and one at the rear) and the S-AWC integrated vehicle dynamics control system, the MITSUBISHI eX Concept delivers point-and-go handling and outstanding directional stability.
- The MITSUBISHI eX Concept also showcases connected car technology that utilizes next-generation information systems, as well as autonomous driving technology built around the latest in active safety systems.
MMC Lineup at Auto Shanghai 2017
(1) April 19 and 20 will be Press Days; from April 21 to 28 the show will be open to the general public. The show is being held at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai). MMC will hold its press conference from 11:00 am on April 19, local time, at the Mitsubishi Motors' booth in the 4-1 hall.
(2) Named from the Ground Tourer concept - ability for cruising across a vast land.
(3) electric X (crossover)
(4) A term for a coupe with flowing styling fused with a hatchback car, the term originates from British hunting-use horse carriages.
About Mitsubishi Motors
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is the fifth largest automaker in Japan and the fifteenth largest in the world by global unit sales. It is part of the Mitsubishi keiretsu, formerly the biggest industrial group in Japan, and was formed in 1970 from the automotive division of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Throughout its history it has courted alliances with foreign partners, a strategy pioneered by their first president Tomio Kubo to encourage expansion, and continued by his successors. A significant stake was sold to Chrysler Corporation in 1971 which it held for 22 years, while DaimlerChrysler was a controlling shareholder between 2000 and 2005. Long term joint manufacturing and technology licencing deals with the Hyundai Motor Company in South Korea and Proton in Malaysia were also forged, while in Europe the company co-owned the largest automobile manufacturing plant in the Netherlands with Volvo for ten years in the 1990s, before taking sole ownership in 2001.
Source: Mitsubishi Motors
Mitsubishi Motors Public Relations Department http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com +81-3-6852-4275
Copyright 2017 JCN Newswire . All rights reserved.