|Highly recommended smartphones|
CyberMedia Research regularly conducts the Mobile Industry Consumer Insight (MICI) Survey to capture the consumer aspirations, preferences and challenges, and dislikes around smartphone brands. These large-format surveys provide a compelling picture of the changing dynamics of the Indian Smartphone Market. The latest edition of the MICI focused on premium smartphones, with a clear intent to capture consumer perspectives on the key factors that they consider in a smartphone, while upgrading. In addition, the study aimed at understanding the most preferred smartphone for quality of service, and best after sales service. Lastly, the study focused on determining the brand imagery that consumers associate with their smartphone brands.
According to Prabhu Ram, Head – Industry Intelligence Group, CMR, “As per the latest CMR MICI Survey findings, one interesting trend that stands out is that while Apple and Samsung dominate, a brand like OnePlus is securing a healthy mindshare amongst Indian smartphone consumers. The MICI survey findings indicate that OnePlus is scoring high on various parameters, commanding a very high loyalty amongst its users, emerging as a highly recommended brand with a high resale value.”
Here is a snapshot of the major findings from the latest MICI:
Explorers: 34% customers who follow technology trends very closely and are always among the first to adopt the latest technology.
Followers: 24% of the customers are followers, who are keen to purchase new smartphones, provided it is already popular among other people.
Passive Viewers: 42% of the customers are passive, who just follow technology trends, rather than actually purchasing the latest technology before most people.
- Key Factors Considered for Smartphone Purchase
- Latest OS (89%)
- RAM (85%)
- Battery life (80%)
- Networking Technology (77%)
- Camera Quality (75%)
- Smartphone Buying Behavior: Online Buyers likely to increase
Triggers for buying online include the attractive discounts and schemes (93%), followed by the variety of products and brand choices available (90%). As per the MICI findings, one of the main barriers for consumers not going for online purchase include the inability to ‘touch and feel’ (87%), and ‘the lack of immediate gratification’ (80%).
- Preferred Brand for Smartphone Upgrade
- Brand Imagery associated with Premium Smartphones
- Highest Recommended Smartphone Brand
- Trust and Desirability
- Most Innovative Brand
- Smartphone Brand Visibility: The maximum recall is observed for Oppo across almost all the media platforms.
- Resale Value: When it comes to “resale value”, the OnePlus brand scores the highest, ranking first, amongst consumers.
- Brand Satisfaction: Amongst OnePlus customers, the brand has got the highest satisfaction scores in terms of:
- Quality of the Phone: 100% of OnePlus customers are satisfied.
- Availability of Spare Parts: 96% of the OnePlus customers are satisfied with availability of the spare parts.
- Speed of Problem Resolution: 90% of the OnePlus customers are satisfied with problem resolution.
- Usage Patterns for Premium Smartphones
Notes for Editors
- CyberMedia Research (CMR) is a pioneering market intelligence and consulting firm that regularly conducts primary surveys to assess and understand the sentiments and preferences of Indian consumers.
- The Mobile Industry Consumer Insight (MICI) Survey is a regular large format consumer survey series that aims to capture a compelling picture of the changing dynamics of the Indian Smartphone market, by capturing consumer aspirations, preferences and challenges, and their dislikes around smartphone brands.
CMR offers industry intelligence, consulting and marketing services, including but not limited to market tracking, market sizing, stakeholder satisfaction, analytics and opportunity assessment studies.
Its bouquet of consulting services includes incubation advisory, go-to-market services, market mapping and scenario assessment services. CMR is servicing domestic as well as international clientele in India and few global destinations. The clientele serviced represents SMBs, Large Enterprises, Associations and Government. CMR’s core value proposition encompasses a rich portfolio of syndicated reports and custom research capabilities across multiple industries, markets and geographies.
A part of CyberMedia, South Asia’s largest specialty media and media services group, CyberMedia Research (CMR) has been a front-runner in market research, consulting and advisory services since 1986. CMR is an institutional member of Market Research Society of India (MRSI). For more information, please visit CMR’s pages.
For queries, please contact: email@example.com