Nationstar Rebrands as Mr. Cooper. Brand launch marks another step in the company?s customer-centric and purpose-driven transformation
“We’re excited to officially become Mr. Cooper and will continue our efforts to transform the way we do business,” said Jay Bray, Chairman and CEO of Nationstar. “We took a look in the mirror and realized that in order to build trust with homeowners and those who wish to own a home one day, our organization and our industry needed a change. Mr. Cooper is a symbol of the transformation we’re undergoing to create an incredible customer experience.”
More than just a brand name change, the company has made significant investments in its team, technology and processes to ensure customers have a caring, transparent and seamless experience that best fits their needs.
- The company eliminated all online transaction fees for on-time payments, enhancing the customer experience.
- Additionally, in the past year alone, team members across the entire company engaged in more than 50,000 hours of incremental customer experience training to ensure everyone is equipped with the tools and resources needed to deliver the Mr. Cooper promise.
Tools and Technology:
- Mr. Cooper is investing in research and development, coupling the latest technology with a personal and customized experience. On top of a completely upgraded user-friendly website, the company rolled out Street SmartsTM from Mr. CooperSM, a digital home loan advisor that can deliver custom insights on a customer’s loan, home and neighborhood all through the ease of the company’s website and mobile app.
- In the near future, Mr. Cooper will be launching an exciting new technology that will further help current customers and prospective homeowners optimize their household finances.
- Mr. Cooper will be offering a unique service to homebuyers and sellers that allows them access to a panel of qualified local real estate agents in their area and may also allow them to earn cash rebates at the sale or purchase of a home.
Mr. Cooper Home Rewards Credit Card:
- Mr. Cooper customers will soon be able to apply for a credit card that offers rewards to be applied to the principal balance of their home loan with Mr. Cooper.
After vetting name options with customers, the name Mr. Cooper was selected to personify the next generation of home loan servicing and lending. It represents a more personal relationship customers can have with their home loan company by recognizing the critical role of a customer advocate in delivering a positive home loan experience.
“Driven by our purpose to keep the dream of homeownership alive, each of our 7,000 team members strives every day to emulate the core values of Mr. Cooper as we continue on our journey to put the service back in servicing,” said Bray.
Mr. Cooper Team in Chennai:
Nationstar commenced operations in Chennai, India, in late 2015 and currently employs approximately 600 team members on the Mr. Cooper team supporting product development, technology and corporate functions. To celebrate the launch of Mr. Cooper, Ramesh Lakshminarayanan, Executive Vice President and Chief Business and Analytics Officer, will visit the Chennai office.
“With a focus on technology development and process reengineering, our team in Chennai plays a meaningful and important role in our transformation to Mr. Cooper,” said Lakshminarayanan. “Our customers want to manage their mortgage digitally, so we are building tools using the latest technology to give our customers a better home loan experience.”
Customers can visit www.mrcooper.com to learn more about the brand transformation. Other Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. brands that will not be impacted and will continue operating under their current brand names include Champion Mortgage and Xome®.
About Mr. Cooper
Mr. Cooper is the consumer brand for the forward mortgage servicing and originations operation of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. (NYSE: NSM). Based in Dallas, Texas, Mr. Cooper is one of the largest home loan servicers in the country focused on delivering a variety of servicing and lending products, services and technologies to make the home loan process more rewarding and less worrisome. Please visit www.mrcooper.com for the latest news and information.
About Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc.
Based in Dallas, Texas, Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. (NYSE: NSM) provides quality servicing, origination and transaction based services related principally to single-family residences throughout the United States. Please visit www.nationstarholdings.com for the latest news and information about Nationstar.