UN Global Compact Convenes 300 Business Leaders in India to Take Action on the Sustainable Development Goals
Organized in collaboration with Global Compact Network India, the two-day event will feature interactive plenary and breakout sessions designed to mobilize business actions, drive breakthrough innovation and create new market opportunities that advance the Global Goals.
“The solutions and innovative new business models explored at our event in India can be scaled globally to create the world we all want.”
Making Global Goals Local Business – India will include the launch of the UN Global Compact’s 2017 SDG Pioneers campaign and the unveiling of the new Global Opportunity Explorer – a digital platform that provides the global business community with direct access to the most innovative business solutions around the SDGs. Findings from the Better Business, Better World India country report will be released by the Business & Sustainable Development Commission at the event.
A full agenda for the forum can be found here. A list of distinguished speakers can be found here and include:
- Lise Kingo, Chief Executive Officer & Executive, UN Global Compact
- Tanya Accone, Senior Advisor, UNICEF Global Innovation Centre
- Nisha Agrawal, Chief Executive Officer, Oxfam India
- Anita Arjundas, Chief Executive Officer, Mahindra Lifespaces
- Vibha Bakshi, National Film Award-Winning Director & Producer
- Rishi Chawla, Director of Public Affairs and CSR, Philips Lighting
- Kanika Dewan, Founder, Ka Design Atelier
- John Elkington, Chairman and Chief Pollinator, VOLANS
- Marianne Haahr - Director, Global Opportunity Initiative at Sustainia
- Safeena Husain, Founder and Executive Director, Educate Girls
- Rana Kapoor, Chief Executive Officer, YES Bank
- Sandeep Karanwal, Director, GSMA India
- Rekha M. Menon, Chairman & Senior Managing Director, Accenture in India
- Morten Nielsen, Chief Operations Officer, Sustainia
- Vineet Rai, Founder & Chairman, Aavishkaar – Intellecap Group
- Dinesh K Sarraf, President, Global Compact Network India
- Mahendra Singhi, Chief Executive Officer, Dalmia Cement
- Zenia Tata, Executive Director, Global Expansion, X PRIZE
Making Global Goals Local Business – India is part of the UN Global Compact’s multi-year Making Global Goals Local Business campaign. Launched in 2016, the campaign aims to help companies see both their responsibilities and opportunities around the SDGs globally and on the ground through the 70+ Global Compact Local Networks.
For more information, or to get involved, please contact email@example.com.
About the UN Global Compact
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues embodied in the Sustainable Development Goals. The UN Global Compact is a leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible corporate practices. Launched in 2000, it is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with more than 9,000 companies and 3,000 non-business signatories based in over 170 countries, and more than 70 Local Networks. For more information, visit www.unglobalcompact.org. Follow us on Twitter: @globalcompact