CA Technologies Introduces Microservices Solution to Create and Manage Modern Application Architectures. Enhanced Management, Security and Monitoring Increases Business Agility for Competitive Advantage in one of the Industry?s Leading API Management Portfolios
- Expanded capabilities of CA Live API Creator to quickly, effectively and independently create, deploy and run microservices.
- Docker® container deployment options across many products within the API Management portfolio for end-to-end support in microservices architectures.
- Expanded API Management portfolio integrations to address management, security and advanced monitoring of APIs for modern architectures in any enterprise or cloud environment.
New Capabilities for Microservices Creation and Management
The ability to create and manage microservices deployed using container-based technology is required in today’s modern application architecture. CA supports Docker® container-based deployment of CA Live API Creator and CA API Gateway for microservices creation, security, and management. CA also has expanded its powerful, yet easy point-and-click solution, CA Live API Creator, to quickly produce comprehensive microservices incorporating data, logic and robust APIs. In addition, the new CA Microgateway, currently available in beta, helps enforce local policies for microservices, such as service discovery, routing, last mile security and rate limiting.
Beachbody, a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight-loss programs, used CA’s products and services to help transform its IT architecture. “We recently went through a three-year project to modernize a wide range of infrastructure and applications to give us the agility to meet rapidly changing market conditions,” said Michael Lee, Technology vice president at Beachbody. “We chose a cloud-first and API-driven approach to continue leveraging existing business critical systems while developing the architecture to quickly create modern applications using microservices.”
Expanded Full Lifecycle API Management Capabilities Support Modern Application Architectures
CA’s newly architected CA API Developer Portal gives organizations the flexibility to manage APIs wherever and however they want – on-premises, hybrid or cloud – with the ability to switch among them seamlessly. The containerized, API-first architecture eases deployment and migration to the cloud, and simplifies management, policy configuration and integration with existing analytics and content management system investments.
New capabilities and integration between CA Mobile API Gateway and CA Advanced Authentication accelerate the development of mobile security while delivering risk-based security from the mobile app to the API. A new, unified mobile SDK helps developers easily integrate authentication requirements while maintaining a streamlined experience for end users. In addition, CA APM integration with CA API Management provides visibility into API and app performance metrics with transaction tracing for precise triangulation and resolution of performance issues.
“Agility and time-to-market for new and compelling apps are essential to compete in the market. CA API Management has demonstrated it can help take ideas and turn them into viable solutions quickly,” said Joe Farrell, Chief Product Officer and co-founder of BiTE Interactive, a mobile product studio. “For example, working with CA API Management we were able to complete the single sign-on feature for an app in just one sprint. When we built this feature without CA API Management for a large financial client, it required four sprints.”
- Learn from the API Academy Experts: The API Academy provides expert counsel on microservices and API strategy and design. The API Academy team has also contributed open-source software to help organizations sketch and brainstorm ideas for microservices in a disposable fashion for faster iteration, innovation and inspiration.
- API Academy Book: Microservice Architecture: Aligning Principles, Practices, and Culture
- : Find the right tools and resources for your next project, whether you are interested in microservices and APIs, secure and reliable mobile apps or want to add a whole new level of visibility with app analytics.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments. Learn more at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Social Media Page
Copyright © 2017 CA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.